My lg g4 cant get past the start up screen

Wil_2_

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
so a couple of days ago i was typing on my phone, which i have only owned for about a year, started to lag. this happens often so waited it out. after about 10 seconds, my phone shut off and now it wont.turn on unless you take the battery out and put it back in. and even then it wont go past the LG screen. Charging it does nothing and the factory reset screen doesnt even come up. the gu at veriosen said he had no idea what was wrong with it. any suggestions?

Solution
Wow, you contacted them and they said they didn't know. That is kinda said, since that is what they are paid to do. Fix tech issues. Anyway....

OK Well it sounds like there may have been some bad stuff installed onto the device. The best way to know if that is why for sure is to turn the phone off, pull the battery for about a minute, then put it back in but don't turn it on just yet. First try charging it while the phone is totally turned off and see if it shows as charging. If not, try the cord on another device and see if it works with that. If it doesn't, you need a new cord, if it does then it could be the battery that needs replacing or the motherboard (which is where the port is attached) that would be a bit more work, so start...
Wow, you contacted them and they said they didn't know. That is kinda said, since that is what they are paid to do. Fix tech issues. Anyway....

OK Well it sounds like there may have been some bad stuff installed onto the device. The best way to know if that is why for sure is to turn the phone off, pull the battery for about a minute, then put it back in but don't turn it on just yet. First try charging it while the phone is totally turned off and see if it shows as charging. If not, try the cord on another device and see if it works with that. If it doesn't, you need a new cord, if it does then it could be the battery that needs replacing or the motherboard (which is where the port is attached) that would be a bit more work, so start with the cord.

As to trying to get it to turn on. Well as long as it has a little charge, as stated above, turn it off, pull the battery, put it back in a minute later and then do not turn it back on just yet. Follow the instructions below to get the phone into "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, then you have an app or other software on the device that is causing your problems. You will need to remove said app/software and then restart the phone.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

Solution