Very Slow Upload Speed On PS4

Augustinus430

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
Hello To All:
I just upgraded my internet speed to 150/150 with Verizon Fios, last Friday. Speed Test, via ethernet is upper 140s down and low 150s up on my Verizon modem. The boys had an old Netgear router and their speed tests were significantly slower than what the main modem/router was putting out. I decided to upgrade to a Netgear AC1200. Setup was easy enough, the speed tests on the boys computers concurred with what I was getting from the main modem/router.
An issue has occurred whereby one of my boys is getting kicked off of gaming, NBA2016, at the end of games. When we did an internet connection test, via the PS4, he is getting 145mps upload and less than 10mps download. Do you feel it is something within the PS4 or could it be the fact that I changed the router? He states that he has never been kicked off of a game before. Is it possible that PS4 is unable to handle the faster internet speed? Thanks in advance.

Solution
You should get a list of all the port numbers required for Sony PSN Augustinus430.

Make sure each of the port numbers along with what IP your son`s PS4 was assigned by the router.

Check the main router, to see if the hardware firewall of it is active, and at what security level it is set to
Medium setting will be fine.

For the new AC1200 you just bought turn off the fire wall completely.
You should only ever have one hardware fire wall running at any time between two routers in a setup.
ok

Also port forward on the AC 12000 router the IP the PS4 is given by the main router and the port range numbers needed for Sony PSN

On the link bellow you will find the list of ports you need to have open on both routers for Sony PSN to work...

Shaun o

Distinguished
You should get a list of all the port numbers required for Sony PSN Augustinus430.

Make sure each of the port numbers along with what IP your son`s PS4 was assigned by the router.

Check the main router, to see if the hardware firewall of it is active, and at what security level it is set to
Medium setting will be fine.

For the new AC1200 you just bought turn off the fire wall completely.
You should only ever have one hardware fire wall running at any time between two routers in a setup.
ok

Also port forward on the AC 12000 router the IP the PS4 is given by the main router and the port range numbers needed for Sony PSN

On the link bellow you will find the list of ports you need to have open on both routers for Sony PSN to work properly where you do not get disconnected, or get poor download/ upload speeds.

You need to place them in each of the port forwarding sections of both routers Augustinus430.

Example: Label: PS4-1 IP: 192.168.0.8 Port number: 5223 Protocol: UDP

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Port-Numbers-which-do-I-need-to-open-for-the-PlayStation-and-how/m-p/24346179

Solution

Augustinus430

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015

Augustinus430

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
Shaun o: Thanks for the advice. I haven't had a moment to work through your suggestions yet. Lots going on here at home. I wanted to reply out of courtesy with regard to your suggestions. I will post as soon as I am able with a reply after I work through the scheme. Cheers