How to reset a Pendo Pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan 543

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I have a pendo pad that wont start up. More like a boot loop and it doesnt have a volume button because it was all on the OSD. Is there a way to fix this by using a computer or something because as i said before i cant get into the phone to access the settings. Thanks you for your help!!!

All pendo pads should have a physical volume button somewhere on the side of the tablet.

How to reset a Pendo Pad to factory default settings (aka "Hard Reset")...

NOTE: This is really something that only should be used as a last resort as it will clear out all personal information on the device.

1. Make sure the tablet is off, then take out the battery. Leave it out for a minute and then put it back in.

Note: If the battery is not easily removed (they aren't on some devices) then be sure that the device is completely out of power and leave it that way for a good 10 minutes before trying the information below.

2. Hold the "Volume Down" button and then press and release the "Power" button.
3. Wait until the the menu appears showing "Fastbook", "Recovery", "Clear Storage", and "Simlock".
4. Using the volume buttons, move to select "Clear Storage".
5. Now press and release the "Power" button and let the tablet restart.
6. You should now see two option to choose from. "Volume Up" for YES and "Volume Down" for NO.
7. If you choose YES, all the data will on your tablet will be deleted, including any apps you have installed.
8. The device will now boot with its original factory installed data.

If your device somehow doesn't have a volume button, then you need to contact the manufacturer to see what is wrong with it and how to resolve the problem.

jacinta_1

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

pierrem-m

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Unfortunately the older Pendo Pads like my PNDP51M10BLK do not have external volume controls. ALL volume control is done on the screen.

My new Pendo Pad, which I bought yesterday, does have an external volume control.

My old Pad is still on a boot loop and all I've been able to find is to hold the power button down for 30-45 secs to enter the reset menu - didn't work, and neither did holding in the reset button for 6 secs.

As it's 01:16 hrs and I'm tired so I'm going to bed and tomorrow (actually later today) I'll desolder the battery leads, leave it like that for a while (the times vary on the Internet) and see if that helps!

I'll report on what happens

GRRRRRR! (That's my teeth grinding btw!)

Pierre

pierrem-m

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Finally found a solution Folks!

N.B. If your Pad is still under warranty then this will void the warranty!

(See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3q-rMeGVw for the method that I adapted)

1. Remove the back of the Pad
2. CAREFULLY de-solder BOTH the battery leads taking care to bend them upwards and don't let them touch each other or the circuit board
3. Leave the Pad unpowered for a period of time (I left mine for approx 3hrs)
4. CAREFULLY re-solder the battery leads
5. Power up
6. Connect your pad to your notebook/PC and transfer any files you want to keep.
7. Disconnect pad from your notebook/PC
8. Reset pad to defaults
9. Enjoy!

Whilst this may not work for everyone my Pad is back to it's out of the box happy self!

The irony being that my darling wife had bought me a replacement pad the day before I tried this and I'd already used it!

Murphy's damn law strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.