How do I make the default storage the sd cards storage on a tab 4?

I feel dumb

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I just got a used samsung galaxy tab 4 and I'm running out of storage space. I have a 32 gigabyte sd card and I've transfered apps to the sd card but it's not working too well on my device storage anyway. How do I make the sd card storage the default storage so that whenever I download an app it goes straight to the sd card?

Solution
Unfortunately you cannot. That tablet runs an older version of Android, so while you can move say videos, photos, other data, and select apps over to the card... most apps won't be movable and the card cannot be made the default download for them.

To make the SD card "Internal" rather than the standard "External", which is what is needed to install apps directly to it, you have to be running Android "Marshmallow" as well as have a device that allows for making the moves. Samsung has limited the option on many of their devices.

Now if you move videos and photos over to the card, and set your camera as using the card as where you are saving images/videos to, that will free up a lot of space on the tablet itself. That is about all you...
Unfortunately you cannot. That tablet runs an older version of Android, so while you can move say videos, photos, other data, and select apps over to the card... most apps won't be movable and the card cannot be made the default download for them.

To make the SD card "Internal" rather than the standard "External", which is what is needed to install apps directly to it, you have to be running Android "Marshmallow" as well as have a device that allows for making the moves. Samsung has limited the option on many of their devices.

Now if you move videos and photos over to the card, and set your camera as using the card as where you are saving images/videos to, that will free up a lot of space on the tablet itself. That is about all you can do in this instance.

That said, you do have the ability to "root" the device, which may give you the access you are seeking. However, if your tablet is under warranty that is not advisable as it will void the warranty. Should you wish to consider rooting, I suggest you visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Yes I know it is aimed at Smartphones, but the principle is the same since both run Android as the OS.

Solution