Choosing Cheap Gaming Laptop

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
So, as the title says I need a good cheap gaming laptop. There are just so many options out there it's hard to choose. The questions below are the ones posted on the sticky.

1. What is your budget? - Under $800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - approx 15.6(not sure)

3. What screen resolution do you want? - 1080p(if it fits in my budget)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? - over 4 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - Yes, medium.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - Music Editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - Preferably a SSD with over 120GB storage

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - I seriously can't buy online as most sites won't ship to my country and if they ship, it's outrageous shipping cost.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? - A few years(3-4)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM Writer(not sure if I correctly typed)

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - Not sure, too many brands out there.

13. What country do you live in? - Mauritius

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. - Should I get a heatpad?

Thank you.

Since you are limited to where you can buy from, look for a system with a 960m video card at whatever places you can buy from, that is about the lowest "real" gaming video card you'd want. Maybe a 950m. Since you can't upgrade laptops easily if at all, you want to buy for what you will be using it for in 3 years not just what it will barely run now. The rest of the specs will just rotate around the video card, any laptop with a decent video card will have a good enough CPU for it, you will just need to sort what has an SSD or not.