My tablet keeps flashing on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If the tablet is under warranty, I would contact your service provider or the manufacturer to have the device repaired or replaced. Why? Wel doing many things to resolve this may well void the warranty, so it is best to go through them if you can.

Now if you are out of warranty, the first thing I would suggest you try is to locate the "Reset Button" on the device. It should be a little pinhole either on the edge or where anything plugs in (cord, card, etc.,) to the device. Using something small (like a pen tip) depress the "Reset Button" to do a "Factory Reset". Do not use anything sharp (like a pin) as you can damage the device. Note: You 'may' lose some data on the device when doing this.

You can also just let the device run down...
If the tablet is under warranty, I would contact your service provider or the manufacturer to have the device repaired or replaced. Why? Wel doing many things to resolve this may well void the warranty, so it is best to go through them if you can.

Now if you are out of warranty, the first thing I would suggest you try is to locate the "Reset Button" on the device. It should be a little pinhole either on the edge or where anything plugs in (cord, card, etc.,) to the device. Using something small (like a pen tip) depress the "Reset Button" to do a "Factory Reset". Do not use anything sharp (like a pin) as you can damage the device. Note: You 'may' lose some data on the device when doing this.

You can also just let the device run down until it is totally out of juice. Which would turn it fully off. Then charge it and once charged, restart it.

I would suggest, in either case, you restart in "Safe Mode" as you may have installed something malicious on the device without realizing it and that could be causing your problems.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

Solution

KGail1975

Prominent
May 27, 2017

I recently discovered that hundreds of Samsung tablet owners are having the same issue!! Including myself ;) So from what research I've done (and tried) I can agree with other people that it is an unstable/loose battery issue. I'm actually in the process of testing this out as we chat. I've been trying each suggested "fix" that seemed to make sense. All suggestions so far were only good temporarily (a few hours). My Galaxy 4 was doing this "fresh out of the box"!!! Brand new.yes.....Upon first charge it started >turning on and off, flashing uncontrollably and playing clips of the Samsung melody. It was impossible to turn it off or silence it so I shoved it under some laundry in a basket, thinking it was possessed, and left it there until the battery died. I didn't take it back or take it to be repaired because of the comments I read from other owners with the same problem. If you are still trying to find a solution, reply back and I'll give you a short list of "solutions" that I've already tried and the success rate of each.!! SMH.

Apr 16, 2018

Actually for me its just flickering its stays black then flickers with a bit of light after a few seconds and its just the same ammt of seconds between each flicker . I have a samsung galaxy 3.0. Any answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.