cannot access LG sd card data from computer

ltlarrow

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
apparently I have the same problem as a previous query. I plug the phone into the usb in my computer. I can see (some of) the internal storage. It will not show the data on the sd card (where all my pictures, mp3's, etc are stored)

Solution
Well there could be a few reasons for this.

When you plug the phone into the computer, are you trying to access the files via a specific program? Or when the popup shows that you have connected the device (if it does) what option are you choosing to view the files?

I am wondering because, in the case of the first option, the program may not read the device correctly. In the case of the second option, if you are choosing anything other than to just view as a folder, the files may not be viewable.

When you plug in the phone, and use the folder only option, it should show you two choices, the main device storage and/or the card.
Well there could be a few reasons for this.

When you plug the phone into the computer, are you trying to access the files via a specific program? Or when the popup shows that you have connected the device (if it does) what option are you choosing to view the files?

I am wondering because, in the case of the first option, the program may not read the device correctly. In the case of the second option, if you are choosing anything other than to just view as a folder, the files may not be viewable.

When you plug in the phone, and use the folder only option, it should show you two choices, the main device storage and/or the card.

Solution