Help playing BD quality movies on PS4/surround system/HDTV

Sitch

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hey, I have a large collection of video files stored on my computer that I'd like to run on PS4, so I can connect it up my surround sound system and plasma TV.

I have movies on my $1000 2014 model laptop, but the HDMI port is broken and ehhh they want $500 just to repair it so I've lived without a functioning HDMI input for far too long now.

I've tried literally everything I can think of. Netflix quality is decent enough for TV shows, but not good enough for movies (imo), I there fore invested in Google Chromecast, which I plugged into my surroundreceiver and it sometimes worked well, but 95% of the time it runs the movies I want to see at 2 frames per second. Laggy fucked up mess.

when I watch movies I only go for blu-ray quality (or better) which means 15-50GB files and I think 15gb+ had way too much bandwidth requirements for Chromecast to function properly? My internet connection is just of 50 Mbit/s....

SOOO since that didn''t work I tried USB stick. When Formatted in FAT32 the PS4 CAN play movies via the relatively new Media player from the app store. Here's the problem.... FAT32 limits its size of files to fricken 4gb.... Now remember the movies I watch are usually around ~ 25gb (15 minimum) so cutting down to under 4 is simply out of the question.

I thought I had the solution by formatting the USB stick into NTFS mode, but guess what? PS4 doesn't support NTFS USB sticks.

So now that doesn't work either.

I tried streaming from computer to PS4, but again, the system cannot handle the bit rate of blu-ray quality...

I'm a broke ass student who's struggling to pay rent yet saving up for a new Macbook Pro (was supposed to buy last year but at no point last year did I have $1200+ left over at the end of the month) so I'd prefer not to buy a new laptop or spend hundreds of dollars fixing my now quite old laptop.

What can I do? for the last 12+ months I've only been watching blu-ray movies (lol like $15 a piece.. geez) via PS4 or TV shows on Netflix as anything else is either inadequate or won't work.

So my questions that I hope some of you could solve are....

* Can I some how make file size limitless and still remain in FAT32?

* Can I some how make NTFS USB sticks run on PS4?

* is there another method of streaming 100% blu-ray quality (this means 15,25,50 gigabyte files) from PC to PS4/surround receiver / plasma TV?

Keep in mind that the sound has to come out of my B&W speakers, and the picture from my TV. (otherwise no point) All hooked up via a receiver.

All help appreciated.

Sitch

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Well I just bought a USB 2.0 to HDMI adapter, the picture is perfect as is sound quality, but the video stutters immensely. Its like its showing at 15 frames per second and not 24. Anyone know how to help with this?