Firmware upgrade error-Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo - GT-I9060D model

Sumit_RohiniDelhi

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060D Model) Mobile Phone one year back on April 2015. After a year it becomes hang up and I did factory reset option to clear the data and becomes fresh mode. But while clicking any options, it reboots again and again.

I approached to customer care of Samsung mobiles for software upgrade , but after an hour they told me to change the mother board for the same worth Rs.8000/- INR. Now phone shows firmware upgrade error and it DEAD.

Now tell, do we need to buy a new phone after a year. Such kind of services was not expected with Samsung mobiles. They do not have software says change hardware, is this a solution for the same. please REPLY.......OR KINDLY PROVIDE ME NEW PHONE OR PERFECTSOLUTIONS.

Regards
Sumit Sharma
[don't post your #].
Delhi, India.

Solution
I find it extremely odd that they would tell you to replace the motherboard. That is something one would do as a last effort before replacing a phone. And that they told you to do the replacement yourself is even odder.

You can get a new phone if you wish, and obviously that would make you have no more problem, however you could actually try rooting the phone, before you go out and purchase a new one.

For more information/instruction/to ask question on rooting please visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html
I find it extremely odd that they would tell you to replace the motherboard. That is something one would do as a last effort before replacing a phone. And that they told you to do the replacement yourself is even odder.

You can get a new phone if you wish, and obviously that would make you have no more problem, however you could actually try rooting the phone, before you go out and purchase a new one.

For more information/instruction/to ask question on rooting please visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Solution