Long enough external audio cord for a vive

Gspi1005

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
So I'm getting my vive soon, and I'm concerned that Ill have issues getting my headset to reach form my sound board to my head. I have a razer tiamat 7.1. And even if the cord can reach, I feel like its a bad idea to have the control unit just hanging in the air.

So my question is, is there any good way to extend the cord, it uses standard 3.5 mm audio cords, so can I just get male/female extenders or is there a better way.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not very familiar with audio stuff, and thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
I can tell you, htc provides a 3.5mm cord that is really long, when I received my unit I was like who the hell needs a 12 ft 3.5mm cord. I just use the 3.5mm audio from the vive and attach earbuds. I would assume you can select your audio playback device and use whatever audio system/card/ or board you want as the default.

brennon7

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I can tell you, htc provides a 3.5mm cord that is really long, when I received my unit I was like who the hell needs a 12 ft 3.5mm cord. I just use the 3.5mm audio from the vive and attach earbuds. I would assume you can select your audio playback device and use whatever audio system/card/ or board you want as the default.

Solution