My LG phone won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabia Baloch

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I charged my LG phone overnight when I woke up it was fine but then y dad took it off the charger and when I took it back from him it won't turn on I have tried plugging in my charger and plugging it on and nothing works. And I can't open up the back because it is a no sim phone,

Solution
Well, you could actually open the back, but it would take a lot of effort and may void any warranty. If it is under warranty, I would really suggest contacting your provider or the manufacturer before doing anything with the phone on your own. Now if it is not under warranty then you can look into fixing it yourself, if possible.

You say he took it off the charger and I am assuming it was working when he did, but when you got it back it wasn't? If that is the case, what did he actually do with the phone while he had it? That will help determine what the problem is.

Also, you can try holding down the power button for about 20 seconds and see if it starts.

Last question, when you plug it in now, does it show as charging? Or does...
Well, you could actually open the back, but it would take a lot of effort and may void any warranty. If it is under warranty, I would really suggest contacting your provider or the manufacturer before doing anything with the phone on your own. Now if it is not under warranty then you can look into fixing it yourself, if possible.

You say he took it off the charger and I am assuming it was working when he did, but when you got it back it wasn't? If that is the case, what did he actually do with the phone while he had it? That will help determine what the problem is.

Also, you can try holding down the power button for about 20 seconds and see if it starts.

Last question, when you plug it in now, does it show as charging? Or does nothing happen?

Solution

pcotterall

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017

I am having the same issue as Rabia Baloch except I was the only one to touch my phone. Holding down the power button does nothing.

Tired_of_LG

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I am having the same issue as Rabia Baloch except I was the only one to touch my phone. Holding down the power button does nothing.

My wifes phone did the same thing today. She was texting, then the screen froze, and stayed that way, so she restarted the phone. And now it won't turn on. Sometimes I can get the lg logo to come up, but that is it.

Nemow

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I am having a similar problem with my LGK7. I turn it off to charge it overnight but it will not turn on after taking it off the charger. I have to remove the battery to get it on. Please help...

Jun 18, 2017

Jun 18, 2017
Just got back from the Cricket store. Quick easy fix.
Hold down the power button (on right) while holding down the down-volume button (on left). The tech said this resets the phone. Could be that the user (my husband) held down these two buttons simultaneously and that's what caused the black out in the first place.
Anyway, all fixed, very simple. She saud on some phones the combination can be power plus up volume.

Lynn007

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

Lynn007

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Do this. My mother's and daughters phone did this. When plugged in they showed charging percentage so I knew the screen worked. As I searched most of what I came up with was an overcharged battery which is hard to discharge without the phone working. Both LG btw. So I began trying stuff and somehow came across this odd solution. I had my USB in my laptop but it may work with the wall charger. Press and hold powerbutton with charger cable out but plugged in wall or computer while holding insert the cable. When it lights up to show its charging remove cable from phone but continue holding power button.

Lynn007

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Now also the powerbutton may still not work correctly at this point so I would suggest letting it remain on until it dies. Charge it up full after. If the screen blacks out while on just stick the charger end back in. This was just a lucky break through random trial and error processes if it works let us know.

joshspleth25domom

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

metairielawyer

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Same problem. Held power button while at the same time held volume down button. Phone plugged in to power. Took about 20 seconds. It worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Iamwomanhearmeroar!!!!!!!!!!

angiemanges

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

Yep, same problem here. Put my week old LG Fiesta on the charger while it was powered on. Came back to it later and it was powered down and would not turn back on with the power button. Contacted Straight Talk and they said to do the same thing. It powered on.Although they could give me no explanation why this would happen. Kinda worries me. I'm alone and this is the only phone I have. Why would a week old phone do this?

Feb 25, 2018
Thank you so much.

I was able to start up my LG g6 by the pressing the power button and top volume button at the same time and it turned back on.
For some reason previously it was not turning on at all with just the power button by itself but the method mentioned above did the trick.

Thanks again.

Apr 1, 2018

My phone wont start no matter what i try to do, anything special you tried?

Feb 25, 2018

I had to hold the power button and top volume button for about 5 seconds or more and that did the trick. If not try the power button and bottom volume button for 5 seconds or more.

Apr 22, 2018
I had this problem today and none of the answers above worked but I finally fixed it. Plugging it in would first show the "battery loading" icon (swirly wait icon) then show battery percentage (the battery loading usually only shows when it is at 0% but not when it has some juice). If you plug the power cord in and immediately pull out while the battery loading icon is showing, my phone automatically restarted.

Apr 25, 2018

Thank you Lynn. This worked!! I thought my phone was dead. Never in a million years would I have thought to do this. Many thanks to you for posting and to this website for providing this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.