I tried to do a factory reset, Need help...

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I have a LG android tracfone. A few months back the lg keyboard stopped working so I loaded the google keyboard and switched the settings, worked great after. Then this week the google play store app, gmail app, drive, google photos, google+ app and google app stopped working... I side loaded the google play store and services hoping it would fix the problem, but didn't. The Android forum recommended a factor reset after trying the side loads.
Problem I've run into is that lg keyboard not working and all other apps are now wiped off the phone. So I can't complete the factory reset. I get error Unfortunately, com.lge.ime has stopped.... and com.google.android.gsf login has stopped...
Is there any hope of bring this phone back or am I doomed...

Solution
I am out of ideas here. :) Short of rooting the phone (which would be something you would have to ask about in that particular forum). Other than this, a new phone may be your only option.
Hmm, it sounds like it did not go well. It sounds a lot like corrupt firmware. Did you by any chance root the phone prior to this?

Also, is there an SD card in the phone while you are trying to reset it? If so, you should take out the SD card, and try the reset again. Sometimes that resolves that problem.

If it persists, try the following putting the phone into "Safe Mode" to see if it will load. To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

If it will allow you access this way, then something on the phone is causing the error. Check all apps and installed software to find the problem one. Then restart the phone normally. You might have to try it several times, to find the offending item.

If it will not allow you to enter "Safe Mode" then you may want to consider rooting the phone, or replacing it. Unfortunately this isn't a simple fix.

Note: If your phone is under warranty still check with your carrier and/or the manufacturer to see if they have a resolution to this problem or if they will replace the phone.

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I also got a message unfortunately com.google.android.gsf.login. has stopped so even thou I got to a web page it wouldn't let me sign in to my google account.

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

I have tried the Safe Mode, what looks like a button with Safe Mode printed on it in the bottom left corner appears, but don't know how to get into the phone from here, it's the same setup screen... and the same com.lge.ime error message still pops up when I try to get the keyboard working... Is the safe mode that prints on the screen a button? It looks like a button, but it's ontop of the Emergency phone button and want press...
I even tried a Hard factory reset, but it still get to the setup screen and gives me message Unfortunagly com.lge.ime has stopped...
I took my sd card out before doing all this... No it' is not rooted...don't know how to root...

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

My phone was set on auto update, so not sure on that... but since trying to factor reset I can't get past these LG welcome screen where you choose language, Accessibility and a next button at bottom. The next brings up Set internet connection screen, but because no working keyboard I can't fill in the info. I even went to an open network but got the Unfortunately com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped error. and any google button to continue would not work.
keep getting these errors
Unfortunately com.lge.ime has stopped
Unfortunately com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped
Unfortunately com. google.process.location has stopped
Unfortunately com.google.process.gapps has stopped
Unfortunately google play service has stopped

The only thing I can think of then is that the firmware has been been corrupted, as I mentioned before. If your phone is still under warranty, I would suggest contacting the service provider, or the manufacturer, and see if the phone is repairable or even replaceable.

Also, Check your Gmail / Google account password. Have you recently changed it? If yes, then you will need to re-enter your password on your Android device to get all your Google services back. As soon as you change your Google account password, your device gets a notification to enter the new password. Do it or your Google Play Store or any other Google service will not sync or work properly. Which can cause all kinds of havoc.

If none of this works, and you are out of warranty, the only think left I can think of is installing a custom ROM. Or possibly rooting the phone. Those two, however, are outside my expertise. There is some good information on custom ROMs here ... http://www.howtogeek.com/173206/5-reasons-to-install-a-custom-android-rom-and-why-you-might-not-want-to/

Information on rooting can be found in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

I haven't changed my google account... thanks for the effort to help, but it truly looks like my phone is a gone-er....

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

I took a look at those links, but couldn't find info about my phone... I'm just stuck...
thanks for the help anyway...

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

yes I can get into my google account w/ all my other devices, just not my phone...

The same account? That is very odd. Usually a password is changed shortly before this causing the issue on the phone. Are you able to enter the information on the phone (matching that for the account accessed by a computer)? If the password and name are the same, it should work on the phone. If it doesn't, you may wish to change it/update it via the computer and then it should send you the updated info to the phone. If that doesn't work, you would really need to talk to the phones manufacturer, or to google.

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

No I can't key anything in because the LG keyboard that is factory set isn't working and by me doing the factory reset the Google keyboard app I was using is gone...

KilaKalina

Commendable
May 28, 2016

thank-you for taking time to help me anyway...