New, formatted SD card blank or unsupported files

jyeadon

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I have a new 32 GB SD card. My Hisense tablet recognizes it when I put it there, but when I put it in my Alcatel OneTouch Mega it says blank card. When I format it says erasing card and then does nothing but say blank or unsupported files. My 4GB sd card works fine in the phone, mounts and stores, but the new 32 GB will not work in the phone, but computer and tablet read it fine. I have formatted it multiple times and even downloaded SDformatter and used that as well. Nothing. Has anyone figured out this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Well it is completely possible that the SD card is actually to advanced (or not advanced enough), or to large, for your cell. Strange as that may sound, it does happen. If this is the case, nothing I can tell you will resolve the issue. Other than changing to a smaller GB card. Say an 8 or a 16. If you do decide to try a smaller sized SD card, please be sure you insert the card into the phone "before" you place anything at all on the card.

Sadly I have run into this issue before. You might want to try a couple of things...

1. Try inserting the card, turning off the phone and then restarting it.

2. If it still isn't reading it, try plugging the phone, via USB into a computer. See if the computer can read the card while it is in the...
Well it is completely possible that the SD card is actually to advanced (or not advanced enough), or to large, for your cell. Strange as that may sound, it does happen. If this is the case, nothing I can tell you will resolve the issue. Other than changing to a smaller GB card. Say an 8 or a 16. If you do decide to try a smaller sized SD card, please be sure you insert the card into the phone "before" you place anything at all on the card.

Sadly I have run into this issue before. You might want to try a couple of things...

1. Try inserting the card, turning off the phone and then restarting it.

2. If it still isn't reading it, try plugging the phone, via USB into a computer. See if the computer can read the card while it is in the phone. If it can, you may want to try copying a file or two from the phone to the card. Not "move" only "copy" and see if, when you unplug the phone from the computer, restart it, and see if it will let the card work.

Solution