Help Lost text messages

Favored

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I had two email accounts one Gmail one roadrunner. Somehow my roadrunner account was set as my Gmail backup. I had to factory reset my phone. I don't know how to get my text messages back please help.

Solution
Well now I am a tad confused. Roadrunner and Gmail are email accounts, not text messaging. So they would have nothing to do with your text messages. When factory resetting your phone, you should still have any and all emails in either account. Email, even though you can read it on your phone, is sent to the email account. So anything in there would still be in there (reset phone or not) and viewable from any device that can access the account(s).

Now text messages, on the other hand, which are on the phone itself, they would be gone. Ones that were just sent via SMS directly to the phone via your carrier.

However, that said, there are actually a few apps/programs out there that "may" and I emphasize "may", be able to help you...
Well now I am a tad confused. Roadrunner and Gmail are email accounts, not text messaging. So they would have nothing to do with your text messages. When factory resetting your phone, you should still have any and all emails in either account. Email, even though you can read it on your phone, is sent to the email account. So anything in there would still be in there (reset phone or not) and viewable from any device that can access the account(s).

Now text messages, on the other hand, which are on the phone itself, they would be gone. Ones that were just sent via SMS directly to the phone via your carrier.

However, that said, there are actually a few apps/programs out there that "may" and I emphasize "may", be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

I can't say it will work, it is very hit and miss, especially with SMS. So it is up to you if you wish to try or not.

Solution