my android tablet won't connect to my wifi at home, but it will when i take it to work, what's up with this?

Sheryl_4

Commendable
May 23, 2016
ANDROID TABLET WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI AT HOME, BUT IT WILL CONNECT TO WIFI AT MY JOB.
WHAT DO I DO TO GET IT TO CONNECT AT HOME. MY SIGNAL ON MY WIFI SAYS EXCELENT & MY PHONE CONNECTS.

Solution
Have you tried completely rebooting the tablet? I don't mean just turning off the display, but shutting it completely down for about 20-25 seconds and then restarting it. This is the simplest fix.

If that doesn't do it you might also try rebooting the router.

Lastly, if your home WiFi is password protected (aka locked) unlock it for your testing with the tablet. If the tablet will then connect, once it is connected, then you can turn back on the protection and see if it still works.

A lot of times it isn't the connecting device, but the router that is the problem.

Have you tried completely rebooting the tablet? I don't mean just turning off the display, but shutting it completely down for about 20-25 seconds and then restarting it. This is the simplest fix.

If that doesn't do it you might also try rebooting the router.

Lastly, if your home WiFi is password protected (aka locked) unlock it for your testing with the tablet. If the tablet will then connect, once it is connected, then you can turn back on the protection and see if it still works.

A lot of times it isn't the connecting device, but the router that is the problem.

Solution