need suggestion Please!

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Suggestion Please!
im a photographer....so i need to deal with high resolution pictures and it requires much time to load/process any photo.
current setup:
cpu:c2d @2.93ghz
gpu:hd4350
ram:5gb
so for smooth performance shud i upgrade my cpu to 4th/6th gen or only upgrading gpu will work??

Solution
upgrade your motherboard, cpu & ram as that will reduce the time to load/process any photo whereas the videocard just displays the pictures on the screen. the reason to also upgrade the ram is that you are probably using ddr2 ram whereas newer boards are using ddr3 if not ddr4 ram & they are not pin compatible with each other. your current card can be used on a newer motherboard til you are ready to upgrade it.

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
i know that my board(intel dg33fb) won't support i3/i5/i7, but if i truly need to upgrade cpu then ofcourse i will get a mobo of 1150/1151 socket...that's not the problem. but i wanted to which shud i upgrade?

sazidkb

Commendable
May 19, 2016
actually i don't want to invest more on this old mobo. either i will upgrade it to 4th/6th gen. or keep the current setup and only upgrade the videocard.
which one is going to be a good idea?

ffg7

Splendid
upgrade your motherboard, cpu & ram as that will reduce the time to load/process any photo whereas the videocard just displays the pictures on the screen. the reason to also upgrade the ram is that you are probably using ddr2 ram whereas newer boards are using ddr3 if not ddr4 ram & they are not pin compatible with each other. your current card can be used on a newer motherboard til you are ready to upgrade it.

Solution