My PC will not recognise my Android tablet

andylancross

Commendable
May 17, 2016
I have attached my Android SmartPad to my Pc Via USb cable, I went through Storage, and have Mass Storage Device (lets you transfer any files on Windows or Mac computers). I have a 125gb Micro SD Card in the tablet and want to transfer some more files from my PC to the memory card to watch on my tablet. When I open windows explorer on the pc it shows all the internal and external hard-drives, and my phone and Memory stick- the only thing that is not showing is my Tablet (or the memory card that is mounted inside the tablet).

Solution
You will probably have to "mount" the storage in the tablet to get it to actually show up on our computer. The setting for this on the tablet will probably say something like "Enable USB Mass Storage" or something similar. Connect the device to the computer, enable that, then you should be good.

Another, kind of sneaky way, to try and get it to work is to let the tablet battery drain all the way. Then plug the device into the computer to charge. Sometimes this jump starts the recognition and the system will try and install everything it needs.

Also, just a thought, if you have been connecting to the computer via Bluetooth on the tablet, you should turn that off while trying the other options.
You will probably have to "mount" the storage in the tablet to get it to actually show up on our computer. The setting for this on the tablet will probably say something like "Enable USB Mass Storage" or something similar. Connect the device to the computer, enable that, then you should be good.

Another, kind of sneaky way, to try and get it to work is to let the tablet battery drain all the way. Then plug the device into the computer to charge. Sometimes this jump starts the recognition and the system will try and install everything it needs.

Also, just a thought, if you have been connecting to the computer via Bluetooth on the tablet, you should turn that off while trying the other options.

Solution