Samsung tablet won't turn on

Maxine3334

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Have tried to press the power and the volume up button together and still dont get a start up logo. Can anyone help me please.

Solution
If you have tried to do a "Hard Reset" (which is why one would push those buttons together) and the phone won't start, it may just be without any charge.

Have you plugged it in? Note, if it is at 0% battery, it will need to charge for a few hours before you can attempt to use it.

You should also make sure there is nothing in the plug (the part that goes into the device, on the cord) or in the devices port. Dust, lint, dirt, etc., can get into it and then it can cause you not to get a connection that will work right.

There could also be a problem with the charger, the charger port and/or the battery itself.

First you need to make sure the charger cord is working. You will need to try a different cord or try using that cord you have...
If you have tried to do a "Hard Reset" (which is why one would push those buttons together) and the phone won't start, it may just be without any charge.

Have you plugged it in? Note, if it is at 0% battery, it will need to charge for a few hours before you can attempt to use it.

You should also make sure there is nothing in the plug (the part that goes into the device, on the cord) or in the devices port. Dust, lint, dirt, etc., can get into it and then it can cause you not to get a connection that will work right.

There could also be a problem with the charger, the charger port and/or the battery itself.

First you need to make sure the charger cord is working. You will need to try a different cord or try using that cord you have in a different device.

Should that not be the problem, you would need to then see if it is the battery. Again, by trying a different one.

If both the battery and cord are working fine, check to see if the port is loose. When you put in the charger cord does it wiggle? If so the port may be loose or damaged. If this is the case it would need to be looked at (unless you feel comfortable doing the work yourself) and probably replaced. Which would (in most cases) include changing out the motherboard as well, as the port is attached to it.

If none of this is the issue, then you may well need to replace the tablet.

Solution

ginquee

Commendable
May 28, 2016
it will need to charge for a few hours before you can attempt to use it.
3.gif

JWLoewen

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
I've had the same problem with some friend's Samsung Tab 3 tablets. I found useful advice that worked for one, not for another. If the battery is allowed to become fully discharged, the battery connection has to have a hard reset. That involves removing the battery, opening the case and unplugging the cable between the battery compartment and the main board, then put it back together, and plug it in for awhile (30 min) before attempting to turn it on. Just Google the problem for better details on this procedure.

Dora_5

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Wow it worked I was about to trash my tablet and my daughter which is my bestie told me to use the all knowing google so I did came across this site tried the power down power button holding thing and I b pickin apples for nothin it worked. But now whom ever this is it has a x in the little battery symbol. It wasnt like that before. And it read something about the batterry been unstable scared me. So can u help me once more. Thank.