What would I need?

ZUIT00ZUIT 85

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Im looking at buying the htc vive but my computer doesn't have the correct specs,

Specs: (MB) A78m-E45, AMD-A4860k with a 750ti ftw gpu and a 430W psu.

Would I only need to upgrade my GPU yo be able to play ot?

Solution
I have crossfired R7 370s overclocked, and running the steamVR performance test, my rig is only "capable" of playing it, which means not necessarily utilizing it to the fullest. You will most definitely need to upgrade the GPU. CPU I am not so sure on--I don't know how well VR utilizes cores/how fast of a single core the games need.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
the issue is, that APU has such a weak CPU, if you get a better card like say a R9 390, it would be held back. so what you need is a new CPU ( i5 or Fx8350 minimum) and a new motherboard along with a new card. those APUs are nice for their price but upgrades are a pain.

genthug

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
I have crossfired R7 370s overclocked, and running the steamVR performance test, my rig is only "capable" of playing it, which means not necessarily utilizing it to the fullest. You will most definitely need to upgrade the GPU. CPU I am not so sure on--I don't know how well VR utilizes cores/how fast of a single core the games need.

Solution