how do i get my memory card to work in my phone

kayla2016

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I can't get my SD card to work in my phone at all.I tried to move the apps but it's not allowing me to.....please help!

Solution
Well, depending on what phone you have, and what OS, you may not be able to move the apps over to the card. The only version of the Android OS that allows for that is Marshmallow. All prior versions do not. And, on top of that, some manufacturers have chosen to restrict this ability, even with phones using Marshmallow.

If your phone is running any prior versions, the only things you could move to the card would be videos, photos, files, etc., but 99% of apps will not move.

Now if you are running Marshmallow, to make the card work (or at least try to) you would first have to make sure you back up anything you want from that SD card, as the changes you will be making will remove the data. Then you will have to make the card set as...
Well, depending on what phone you have, and what OS, you may not be able to move the apps over to the card. The only version of the Android OS that allows for that is Marshmallow. All prior versions do not. And, on top of that, some manufacturers have chosen to restrict this ability, even with phones using Marshmallow.

If your phone is running any prior versions, the only things you could move to the card would be videos, photos, files, etc., but 99% of apps will not move.

Now if you are running Marshmallow, to make the card work (or at least try to) you would first have to make sure you back up anything you want from that SD card, as the changes you will be making will remove the data. Then you will have to make the card set as "Internal" rather than the standard "External". Your phone will format it as such, allowing for many (but not all) apps to work on the card. However, this card will now be only usable by that phone. The data is encrypted to work with the phone.

Solution