i have a LG Volt some reason the sd card works fine in my other phone but why when i place it in this phone it say card not in

Solution
Is the other phone a LG as well? The reason I ask is formatting. Some devices will format a card so that it cannot be read by another device. Especially if the card was used in a phone running Marshmallow and the card was set as Internal rather than External.

If you are wanting to use it in the new device, and use the information on it in the new device, you are probably going to have to remove the stuff off the card, to say a computer, then put the card in the new device. Next format it in the device and move the stuff back to the card/device from the computer.

This would work if you no longer plan on using the other phone. However if you do plan on using it, then this would not work as it could make the card unreadable by the prior...
Is the other phone a LG as well? The reason I ask is formatting. Some devices will format a card so that it cannot be read by another device. Especially if the card was used in a phone running Marshmallow and the card was set as Internal rather than External.

If you are wanting to use it in the new device, and use the information on it in the new device, you are probably going to have to remove the stuff off the card, to say a computer, then put the card in the new device. Next format it in the device and move the stuff back to the card/device from the computer.

This would work if you no longer plan on using the other phone. However if you do plan on using it, then this would not work as it could make the card unreadable by the prior phone. In this case (if going to use both phones) I would they suggest you get another SD card and us it in the new phone. You can still follow the instructions on putting on computer and then on new phone, but you would only have to copy it, rather than move it. Leaving all info on both cards.

Solution