Kindle fire hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Look for an update to the Kindle software and also for the TV, may help you. If you are playing your own videos it should run over a non-protected connection, but that really depends on the device maker and how the code the media player.
There are a couple things you can try.

First, have you made sure your wifi connection speed is good and high? Low wifi speed can cause you to lose connection.

Second, have you tried rebooting the Kindle? Not normal turn off/restart, but holding the power button for 40 seconds (full reboot). This may resolve the issue.

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I it could be the tv because when the kindle is searching for a device to mirror with, it doesn't recognise the tv! I tried it with my kindle fire stick & had some success, i.e. they recognised each other & it worked for a couple of minutes then crashed & I got a message saying I needed a secure HDCP session

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have checked the updates & they are fine. The kindle is a fire he 5th generation & the tv is a Samsung smart tv. The kindle troubleshooting says I need to make the tv "discoverable" but I have looked in the tv's instructions & can't find how to do that, although they do say you can mirror!

First Option.... Try the following and see if it works...

1. Press the Source button on the remote.
2. Navigate to and select the Screen Mirroring source.
3. Your TV should display a screen informing you that it is waiting for a device to be connected. This screen will be displayed until your device is connected.

Now you just need to set up the device (kindle) to connect.

Second Option... Also you can try...

1.) Switch on your Smart TV (yes, I know obvious, but you would be surprised.)
2.) Next press the "Menu" button, and then select "Setup".
3.) Now select "Network"
4.) Then "Bluetooth settings"
5.) There should be the option "Discoverable".
6.) Turn the TV "Off" and then back "On" to make sure the connection holds.

Third and Last Option... One more....

1.) Make sure the tv is "on".

2.) Next press the "Menu" button, and then select "Setup".

3.) Now select "Network".

4.) If Network Type is set to "Wired", select "Network Type", and then select "Wireless".

5.) Select Network Setup.

6.) Next select "Wi-Fi Network" or "Select a Network".

7.) Wait a few seconds for the TV to scan for wireless networks in the area.

8.) Select the name of your network in the list.

9.) Enter your "Wi-Fi password", then push the "blue button" on the remote.

10.) Wait to connect your Smart TV to your Wi-Fi.

11.) "Switch off" and then "Switch On" your Smart TV to make sure the connection holds.

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I think the problem must be with my tv & perhaps that it doesn't support mirroring, even though the instructions say it does! Thanks for trying though & I am sure your solutions will provide valuable pointers for lots of members!

That error is because you were trying to play protected media over an un-secure method, or at least the software though it is unsecure.

Exactly how are you trying to send the kindle picture to the TV?

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Janieb

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I go to the settings on my kindle fire & select enable mirroring & it then searches for devices to mirror with, but doesn't recognise my tv sometimes! When it does I am able to watch but only for a couple of minutes, then it throws me out! All I wanted was to view the videos I have filmed on my kindle on a larger screen, nothing illegal

Look for an update to the Kindle software and also for the TV, may help you. If you are playing your own videos it should run over a non-protected connection, but that really depends on the device maker and how the code the media player.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.