phone wont turn on or charge

Christine_28

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I accidentally slept on my phone and when I checked it the next day, it was restarting on its own and this would last for a minute. Before it completely shut down, the power button wouldn't work. Now that it's completely off I tried charging it and waited for 15 minutes but nothing happened. I would press the power button for 10 seconds but it only buzzed for a second, I also tried pressing down the volume buttons and power buttons together for 1 minute and nothing still worked. Please help, I've been trying to fix it for 2 days. By the way my phone is a Huawei Mate 7 and I can't take out the battery

Well, to start, it sounds like it may be totally drained. If this is the case, it is going to need much more charge time before it will work, if it will work. So I would suggest plugging it in for a few hours before attempting it again.

Sadly, it is more complicated to change the battery on your phone, but I would try the above first.

If it charges, but still won't start, then I would retry the things you mentioned in your post (power button for ten seconds).

Using the other you were referring to, which is the power button and the volume button, would do a "Hard Reset" to the phone, which you don't want to do unless you have no other option, as it will wipe all your personal stuff off the phone.

If it doesn't turn on after a long charge time, with the phone off, then it may well be the battery. Which there are instructions online how to change it out, but only if you are quite sure you can do it, as when you open a phone you risk doing damage.

Christine_28

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Thank you for replying, and I'm sorry I was only able to reply now. I had to use my mother's laptop. Sadly, my phone hasn't turned on yet, I might just have to bring it to the Huawei Center, but thank you for the help.

bridgeth

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016