Sms not working on galaxy grand prime

Chaste07

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I did the testing code and hit ping, now i cant send sms messages, but still receive them...my mms messages send and receive. How can i send sms again?

Solution
Try this and you should be able to enter the correct info again into the phone.

1.) Type in your *#*#4636#*#*
2.) Go into "Device Information/Phone Information".
3.) Scroll down and locate "SMSC".
4.) Enter in your carrier's gateway number... for AT&T enter +13123149810 (all of it from + to 0)
5.) Now press Update.

That should fix the problem.

If you have any problems changing the SMSC number in your device, that means you have to convert the format of the service center number (AT&T's is +13123149810) to Hexadecimal PDU.
OK, what code did you use exactly? Are we talking *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#* or something else?

If it was one of those above that you used, and then the Ping Test, they you probably are needing to manually I re-input the SMSC number and press update.

Since I don't know your carrier, I can't tell you for sure what your numbers should be. However a quick search, or contacting your carrier, should be able to get you the number.

Chaste07

Commendable
May 8, 2016

It was the 4636 code. I have at&t service

Try this and you should be able to enter the correct info again into the phone.

1.) Type in your *#*#4636#*#*
2.) Go into "Device Information/Phone Information".
3.) Scroll down and locate "SMSC".
4.) Enter in your carrier's gateway number... for AT&T enter +13123149810 (all of it from + to 0)
5.) Now press Update.

That should fix the problem.

If you have any problems changing the SMSC number in your device, that means you have to convert the format of the service center number (AT&T's is +13123149810) to Hexadecimal PDU.

Solution