How do I upgrade my Android tablet from jellybean to KitKat?

Solution

Not all devices have updates made for them, especially cheaper ones.

You can maybe find a different ROM file online for your tablet to flash but you'll need to use a computer and some advanced methods to do that. It also has a chance of making some things not work or brick the device.
I am assuming you have tried to get the system to update, the standard way. It is up to you if you wish to try this. Just know making any changes to a phone can lead to data loss. So you know.

Another way to try to update is to plug into a computer and see if you can access an update that way. Sometimes ones that won't show on the device itself will show up if you try to download and install them. Just be sure to only try this with a reputable source.

Have you tried forcing it to try and update?

To do this go into "Settings", then "Apps", and then "All". Scroll down and find "Google Services Framework". You want to then tap "Clear Data" and then "Force Stop". Then when you try to update it should tell you if there is one. However, this might not work on the first try. It also might not work if there isn't an update for your phone. So it is a hit and miss thing.

Also note: Doing this may clear out your google connection. Meaning you would have to add your account to google back onto the phone (signing back into it).

Other than the above, I know no other legal way to try and update it.

Not all devices have updates made for them, especially cheaper ones.

You can maybe find a different ROM file online for your tablet to flash but you'll need to use a computer and some advanced methods to do that. It also has a chance of making some things not work or brick the device.

Solution