Sorry but I cant find Smartphones forum :((

MrCasualGamer

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
I want to ask which smartphone should I buy .. am I at the right forum to ask it ?

If yes, then,

Hello ! I am from India.

I have budget of Rs 12000/- ($180 affordable) to 15000/- ($225 pocket pinch).

I need to buy a smartphone for WORK/OFFICE with following specific requirements -

Work Type - Stock Market Related

80% to 90% of work will be running broker's trading software, website based stock trading, mobile banking services etc .. eg landing.tradeplusonline.com/tradeplusmobile.. and may be some browsing like NSEindia, moneycontrol mcx etc websites

10% to 20% of work will be voice calls and sms etc .. calling up my broker, some sms, voice calls etc with fellow traders,

I need HUGE battery life .. for I work from 9 AM to 12 midnight... and fast charging would be a boon... I would always be on the move.

I need 5 inch screen not 5.5.. max 5.2.

I may need a decent processor, not for gaming, but to run these broker trading softwares, preferably 2 to 3 at a time.

Ofcourse, phone should support 3g, 4g, LTE or whatever is latest in internet connectivity and should be duel sim.

At the most I would use the camera to photograph some documents etc, dont have much else use for it.

Loud ringer .. dont want to miss any call .. I dont use earphones of any type.

some comparison sites I went through are

priceraja and 91mobiles

but as usual, must ask here before I make any purchase

thanks.

Solution
First you need to look up the recommended specs for the software you want, then you can easily compare that vs the phones available. Running web based programs and being online all the time will drain the battery fast, I doubt you will get a full day of work from a phone doing that unless you have the screen on very low brightness. Even then it will be tough since WiFi and data connections use up a lot of battery. A tablet with a larger battery may be better for you, and even then you need a premium tablet to get good battery life and reliability.
First you need to look up the recommended specs for the software you want, then you can easily compare that vs the phones available. Running web based programs and being online all the time will drain the battery fast, I doubt you will get a full day of work from a phone doing that unless you have the screen on very low brightness. Even then it will be tough since WiFi and data connections use up a lot of battery. A tablet with a larger battery may be better for you, and even then you need a premium tablet to get good battery life and reliability.

Solution