how to fix a galaxy tab 1 that wont turn on

Solution
If it isn't charging it may be just that you need a new battery, the cord isn't working, or the charging port is damaged.

First I would try the charger cord. See if it will work to charge a different device. If it does? Then you need new cord. If it doesn't then you should try a new battery. They are pretty cheap to get.

If getting a new battery and/or new cord doesn't do it, you may have to take it into a tech and see if the tablet is salvageable, say only the port needs fixing, or if it is a brick and you need to replace it.
If it isn't charging it may be just that you need a new battery, the cord isn't working, or the charging port is damaged.

First I would try the charger cord. See if it will work to charge a different device. If it does? Then you need new cord. If it doesn't then you should try a new battery. They are pretty cheap to get.

If getting a new battery and/or new cord doesn't do it, you may have to take it into a tech and see if the tablet is salvageable, say only the port needs fixing, or if it is a brick and you need to replace it.

Solution
Jan 5, 2019
Had same problem trying to fix a friend's tab a ,ended up being the plug in on the tab sets odd ,can't push the cord in all the way ,and you have to pull out toward the front on the tablet to get it to charge,I just don't plug it in all the way and pull the cord up over the front of the tablet ,it charges to about 75% in 3 hours and that's fast for this type of tablet