Htc One M8 everything works except black screen!!!

Tech456

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Hello,

I replaced my HTC One M8 lcd screen yesterday due to the glass being shattered. Everything went well and was able to get the phone put back together, but when i went to turn the device back on i was meet with a black screen. I get vibration feedback when i double tap the screen, the charging light works, am able to get "ok google" to respond, and if i start tapping around i can pull up the phone keypad and enter numbers with vibration and sound feedback. I am unable to do a soft or hard reset due to me not being able to see the screen, and i can't connect to computer because my device is locked with pin code.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hmmmm... if it wasn't the install (and you didn't damage anything when removed the old one) it may just be a faulty part. You could see about getting them to send you a new one.
Sometimes when you are putting on the new screen, if you are too forceful, you can damage it without even noticing, especially if it hasn't cracked. However, it is more likely that you missed reattaching something, or something came loose as you were working.

Here is a youtube video (Part 1, Part 2 is linked on the page) showing how to replace a screen on a HTC One M8 ... I would suggest watching it to make sure you didn't miss anything. https://youtu.be/KFiVKMkvwCc

Tech456

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016

Thanks for the response. That is the video i followed when replacing the screen. Tried following it to a "T".