Tablet rebooted no battery charge

Queeny90

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
After Alcatel pop 7 tablet rebooted, I thought it was charging ok , then realised it was only reaching 5% then totally discharged. Won't come on after powering up using 2 power buttons.

Solution
If it isn't charging you either have a charger problem, a port problem or a battery problem.

I would see if you can try your charger on another device, and another charger on your device, to see if your charger works on a different one and also to see if the other one charges yours. If the cord charges the other device, then it isn't the cord. If a different cord charges yours, then it isn't the port. However, if you try a cord you know works on a different device, but doesn't work on yours, it is possibly the port that is damaged.

Before you jump and get it fixed/replaced, first check your battery. You can get new ones pretty cheaply. If the battery is good, then it is likely the port, which will usually be attached to the...
If it isn't charging you either have a charger problem, a port problem or a battery problem.

I would see if you can try your charger on another device, and another charger on your device, to see if your charger works on a different one and also to see if the other one charges yours. If the cord charges the other device, then it isn't the cord. If a different cord charges yours, then it isn't the port. However, if you try a cord you know works on a different device, but doesn't work on yours, it is possibly the port that is damaged.

Before you jump and get it fixed/replaced, first check your battery. You can get new ones pretty cheaply. If the battery is good, then it is likely the port, which will usually be attached to the motherboard, meaning it would also need replacing.

In such a case, unless you feel really comfortable doing such work, I would suggest checking for a good tech in your area to do it for you.

Solution