Is this build a good VR ready PC?

Solution
Honestly I think you should switch to an Intel Z97 or Z170 platform to guarantee the most FPS. Because once virtual reality comes out, modern games are going to start coming out on it too, which will require lots of power. If you really want this system to be future proofed though quantum, upgrade that GPU. The 970 can do ultra settings, modern games, 60 FPS. Great, right? If you want to play future games that are highly graphic intensive on the rift or vive (at high to ultra settings), get ready to get sick at that framerate. For your own health, get a card that can handle 90 FPS. Your safest option for this would be a 980 Ti. If that's too expensive for you, then that's just too damn bad, virtual reality comes at a large price, and if...

nooneisback

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Yes, this should be good as long as you don't expect too much from it. This is pretty much the best build you can get for that price, but you should not that the 8xxx series is really old and soon ZEN will appear and will have the performance to concurate with Intel.

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Honestly I think you should switch to an Intel Z97 or Z170 platform to guarantee the most FPS. Because once virtual reality comes out, modern games are going to start coming out on it too, which will require lots of power. If you really want this system to be future proofed though quantum, upgrade that GPU. The 970 can do ultra settings, modern games, 60 FPS. Great, right? If you want to play future games that are highly graphic intensive on the rift or vive (at high to ultra settings), get ready to get sick at that framerate. For your own health, get a card that can handle 90 FPS. Your safest option for this would be a 980 Ti. If that's too expensive for you, then that's just too damn bad, virtual reality comes at a large price, and if you're not willing to pay that price, don't bother getting it.

EDIT: Just gonna make myself a bit more clear by saying what Sony said, 60 FPS is a strict minimum, and can cause discomfort if it drops. You're safest going for a 980 Ti, especially if you plan to be playing future games with your new VR PC. And isn't VR pretty much the definition of the future?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS