Pair monitor speakers with sound card

Clocksmasher

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
I have a ViewSonic VX2452 24" monitor with built-in speakers, and I'd like to use them in conjuction with my standard PC ones. I don't know if there's a way to set them up for surround sound in a sort of application, so I'm kinda going in blind this way.

first i'd like to question using poor quality speakers inside a monitor. most are abysmally bad and its often better off just not using them and using only speakers.

second, to actually answer the question... if it has 3.5mm audio input (it does) you could connect that up to the headphone/front speaker jack on your pc then hook up any other pair of speakers you get to the rear for a form of quadraphonic.

keep in mind that A) the subwoofer (if you get a 2.1 set) will only trigger on the rear sounds (since 2.1 sets do not isolate the sub signal and instead pull it from the main audio stream) and B) the front speakers are going to sound like crap (monitor speakers) and likely far underpowered compared to your pc speakers.

in short i would just get a 5.1 pc speaker set if you want surround sound for cheap. something like the z506 is only $55 so its not a big deal.