Face-Off: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus vs. Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyjas46

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
While it is a good program when it runs, Bitdefender is one of the only programs I have known that does not remember and save user settings and preferences. It does not even have the ability to export or save those settings. This is 2016 not 1998. I have several computers with lots of programs. I set the firewall rules for most applications because each one can install unwanted upgrades or do things I don't want. With Bitdefender I must re-enter all my settings each time it upgrades. I would not recommend or use this program until they have fixed this basic error. I have switched to Kaspersky and have found it generally fits the review above. I have noticed a slight performance hit with it (about 5% over Bitdefender), though this can be bettered by adjusting the monitoring rules for each critical program you run. Laborious, but once done it is done for ever (unlike Bitdefender). When I run CPU intensive graphic programs I choose to go offline and turn off my protection program, so a "one button" turn off is essential even though I shut the whole program (because sometimes your AV program can run stuff in the background) . Bitdefender is a little more complex in shutting itself down, have to negotiate several screens to accomplish what Kaspersky and Norton can do in one. Bitdefender's support, while friendly and courteous, can sometimes appear a little condescending and unbending in its attitude. I have not have the need to tackle Kaspersky's support yet. Running it on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with a 4 Ghz CPU and 32 GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.