Phenom 11 X2 555BE unlock crash

mtuggle86

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I just built a new system with a 555BE it installed windows 7 fine and ran great .I went to the systems Bios to attempt to unlock it to a quad core. I went to advance clock calibration and set it to ( all cores ) and backed out and saved. The system froze screen went black and now if I restart all I get is a blank screen and the moniter say no signal :fou: Im sure I made a mistake do you guys have any ideas how I could fix this?

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Sounds like you have a defective quad, and not one that was just disabled to meet demand. Try resetting your BIOS, you can do this by unplugging your computer, than removing the battery on your motherboard.

saaiello

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Easy reset your bios eithier use the jumpers on your motherboard or simply take the battery out of the motherboard for a minute then put it back. This will reset the bios back to factory settings.

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Honestly, even knowing it is probably defective, I would still tinker with it some more before throwing in the towel. I'm not sure how to do it, but I've heard you can turn an X2 into an X3 with certain motherboards if the 4th core is defective.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

You can also try to do a BIOS update. Many mobos have implemented settings where you can choose to unlock certain cores or disable certain cores. Your mobo might not have such a BIOS update, but it's worth looking into it. Make sure you read BIOS flashing guides first, specifically for your motherboard if possible.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Yes, I would try to use auto after enabling ACC first. If you have a crash after that, then you could try per core. I presume core 0 and 1 are in use, and you could enable core 2 or 3. If that doesn't work, there is no secret way to unlock; you just didn't get the luck of ther draw.
I tried with my sempron 140 in a 785G board. I had to reset the jumper about 50 times before I finally gave up, but it is running just ifne in my server which I want low power anyway. I still think it was worth it.

mtuggle86

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010

Mine has per core when I go to it it brings up all for core but I dont see a way to turn 2 or 3 off once Ive switched it to per core how do I do this?