When I reset the tablet it goes to downloading.....

Doug_13

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I turned on my tablet one day and it went to Android on the screen saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target". I let it sit all night nothing but "Could not normal boot.
ddi : mmc_read fail
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-T537A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT : ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
UDC START

Nothing after that.

Solution
Hmmm. It is very odd that it won't allow for the reset.

I would normally try suggesting that you see if you can hook the device up to a computer, via USB, and see if it can read the device. However, in this case I am not so sure that would be a wise option. If there is any bad software/apps on the device I would worry it would transfer over to the computer.

The only thing I could suggest at this point is see if there is a reasonably priced tech in your area that can look at it.
Hmm, that is very odd. Sounds a lot like something you installed was installing something else. I could be wrong, but it is really unusual for a device to do that when something isn't controlling it.

The only thing I would personally suggest is a "Hard Reset" of the phone.

You could try seeing if it will start is "Safe Mode". If it does, then it is definitely something you installed that is messing with the device. If it doesn't allow you to start it in "Safe Mode" then the "Hard Reset" would be would I would suggest then.

IMPORTANT NOTE: A "Hard Reset" would wipe all data though, so it is really a last resort option.

Doug_13

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Doug_13

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Thanks for your input and I'm a ft that point if I could hard reset it I would but I can't get to that choice. It just goes to this Downloading Stat and stays there no matter how I try to hard reset it.

Hmmm. It is very odd that it won't allow for the reset.

I would normally try suggesting that you see if you can hook the device up to a computer, via USB, and see if it can read the device. However, in this case I am not so sure that would be a wise option. If there is any bad software/apps on the device I would worry it would transfer over to the computer.

The only thing I could suggest at this point is see if there is a reasonably priced tech in your area that can look at it.

Solution