Lg G5 How do i save pictures to sd memory by default?

Jennivolim

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
How do i save pictures to sd memory on an lg g5?
Not copy to memory card but to have memory card as default saving method?

Solution
Well most phones don't allow for auto save to card. That is part of the problem. Yours may, but only for photos and videos. Nothing else as far as I can tell. Any other items would auto save to the phone itself.

Try the following to set up to have the camera save to the card rather than the phone. I can't guarantee it will work, but it should.

Go into your camera and tap the "Settings" icon (it looks like a gear).
Then tap the little icon that looks like a smart phone, with an arrow.
The image then should change to a little SD card icon with an arrow.
Then photos you take should save to your card.

NOTE: This will only work for ones you take. Not ones sent to you, or that you download. Marshmallow (the OS that your phone should be...
Please try the following.

1. From a Home screen, go to... "Apps", then "Tools", then "File Manager".
2. Tap "All files".
3. Tap "Internal storage".
4. Tap the applicable folder (e.g., Music, Pictures, etc.).
5. Select a file or files.
6. Tap the "Move" or "Copy" file manager icon (located at the bottom).
7. Tap (check) the desired file or files.
8. Tap "Copy" (located in the lower-right).
9. Tap "SD card".
10. Navigate to the preferred destination folder then tap "OK".

Note: Steps 9 and 10 can sometimes need to be done in reverse, depending on your OS.

Jennivolim

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I dont see "tools" from the apps. It only lists the apps. I do t wanna copy or move to sd card. I wanna make it automatically save to the card when i take pictures or video and music....
Im getting annoyed with this phone....

Well most phones don't allow for auto save to card. That is part of the problem. Yours may, but only for photos and videos. Nothing else as far as I can tell. Any other items would auto save to the phone itself.

Try the following to set up to have the camera save to the card rather than the phone. I can't guarantee it will work, but it should.

Go into your camera and tap the "Settings" icon (it looks like a gear).
Then tap the little icon that looks like a smart phone, with an arrow.
The image then should change to a little SD card icon with an arrow.
Then photos you take should save to your card.

NOTE: This will only work for ones you take. Not ones sent to you, or that you download. Marshmallow (the OS that your phone should be using) allows for downloading things to a card, if the card is set to internal rather than external. However on your phone, LG has decided to not allow that option to work.

Solution

mrsladycf

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
On the LG G5 it's simple. Once you installed the sd card, click open the camera app (as if to take a picture) and it will ask you automatically if you want to save to the sd card. If not automatically, just click on the settings gear at the top of the screen and scroll to where you see the arrow over a retangel (phone pic) or sd card pic. Toggle it to determine where it saves automatically.

jfeldredge

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

This does not answer the question of how to have pictures and videos saved directly to the SD card.

gfygal

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I just set mine up on my Galaxy 5.
I opened the camera, clicked on the settings "gear" then scrolled to the little box that says "storage" - that gives you the option to select the card - I just tried and it worked :)

jayshreve

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Samsung phones have no problem auto saving to a microSD card. LG phones don't for some reason (maybe this is how Samsung leads in phone sales). I had an LG Treasure that wouldn't do anything with a microSD card. But the LG Fiesta LTE gave the option to auto save to a microSD card but after you take a picture it says 'Not saved" or something like that. I don't get it.

Sep 12, 2018

VERY EASY
On camera, open the gear, click and change the last icon (at the list) from memory to sc card icon. Job done!!