I get a pop up that says the site can't be reached" "

OldSalt92

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
"The webpage at chrome://media-router/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_URL I have tried resetting Chromecast, recovery of my computer. Worked all evening to fix the problem. It did connect to the device when I did the reset. What's up and how to I fix it. I cast from my laptop every evening. There is no "open with" when I go to Netflix or Hulu?????

Solution
Try the following and see if it helps....

1. In Chrome, copy the following address into the URL bar: chrome://flags/#enable-media-router

(If that URL doesn't work, you might try... chrome://flags/#media-router)

2. Click Enable under “Enable Media Router.”

3. Relaunch Chrome.

If you already had the Google Cast extension installed, it may now be disabled. However, is likely that you will hardly notice. The new feature will display a pop-up asking you to choose a source and a device.
Try the following and see if it helps....

1. In Chrome, copy the following address into the URL bar: chrome://flags/#enable-media-router

(If that URL doesn't work, you might try... chrome://flags/#media-router)

2. Click Enable under “Enable Media Router.”

3. Relaunch Chrome.

If you already had the Google Cast extension installed, it may now be disabled. However, is likely that you will hardly notice. The new feature will display a pop-up asking you to choose a source and a device.

Solution