how do i factory hard reset my kyocera c6743?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
PLEASE NOTE: It is not advisable to do a reset unless you have exhausted all other options, as doing so will cause the phone to lose any and all data you have saved to it. This includes address book, apps, music, photos, etc. So if you can access the info on the phone, and the SD card, you might want to backup any and all of your personal info before performing this.

That said, you can try the following...

To perform a master reset from the settings menu, follow these steps:

1. Back up all necessary data, on both the phone itself and the SD card. (Yes, I am saying this again, it is worth it.)
2. Now go into your "Settings" and scroll down to "Personal".
3. Now tap "Backup & reset".
4. Under "personal Data" tap "Factory data...
PLEASE NOTE: It is not advisable to do a reset unless you have exhausted all other options, as doing so will cause the phone to lose any and all data you have saved to it. This includes address book, apps, music, photos, etc. So if you can access the info on the phone, and the SD card, you might want to backup any and all of your personal info before performing this.

That said, you can try the following...

To perform a master reset from the settings menu, follow these steps:

1. Back up all necessary data, on both the phone itself and the SD card. (Yes, I am saying this again, it is worth it.)
2. Now go into your "Settings" and scroll down to "Personal".
3. Now tap "Backup & reset".
4. Under "personal Data" tap "Factory data reset".
5. Enter your pattern, PIN, or password if prompted.
6. Now here you also have the option to erase the SD card. Should you do so, it will remove all things saved there, rather than saved on the phone. If you chose to erase it then select "Erase SD card", then tap "Reset phone".

If for some reason you cannot get into the phone to do the above, you can try this way...

Master reset with hardware keys

To perform a master reset with the hardware keys, follow these steps:

1. Back up all your data. (Yes, I said it again.)
2. Turn off the phone.
3. Press and hold the "Volume Down" and "Power key" at the same time.
4. When the phone vibrates, release the "Power key" ONLY.
5. When the Android recovery screen appears, release the "Volume down key".
6. Press the "Volume down key" until "wipe data/factory reset" is selected, then press the "Power key".
7. Press the "Volume down key" until "Yes - erase all user data" is selected, then press the "Power key".
8. Press the "Volume down key" until "reboot system" now is selected, then press the "Power key".
9. They phone should now shut off and restart.

Solution

Tony_124

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

What if your phone doesn't vibrate when you hold down the volume down and power key.

On some devices it may well not vibrate. Or if it is not done correctly. :)

You could try the following version to do a "Hard Reset".

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

That is quite odd. This should work just fine on a Kyocera phone. I used to have one. :) If you don't push them correctly (not saying you aren't but it happens) at the same time, then it won't work. It can sometimes take a few tries. I would not give up just yet.

Also, Kyocera phones have a pinhole you can push for "Factory Resets". Have you tried that?

Nobodys

Prominent
May 24, 2017

Nobodys

Prominent
May 24, 2017
I've tried at 30 times..and I'm pretty good at this step.at this point can figure out that part without instruction.but it's still not working.please help

Status
Not open for further replies.