iPad 4th generation problem help?

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I have a problem charging my iPad while I am using it. Thus is a little diffrent from other people's problem with charging. Anyways, when I leave the iPad charging, it charges. But when I am using the iPad and charging it at the same time, the percentage just goes down slowly and not up. I have reset my iPad, got a new charging cable, replaced the battery. Still same problem. By the way, when I put the new battery in, I noticed it did go up while charging and in use for like a day or 2. That was after I replaced the cord also. So both was bad. It is about 5 years old I think. I still have this charging problem. I do not know what else it could be. Help. Thanks in advance.

Solution
The 4th Gen iPad apple charger is a 12w not 10w. If you have a 10 it's for an older model or is a generic replacement. There are plenty of 3rd party iPad "compatible" chargers that don't work very well. It will work but under heavy use, especially with an older or 3rd party battery it may not keep up the charge.
At first glance, adapter is not putting out enough juice. Original Apple plug? Do you have another to try? Go into an Apple store and ask to borrow a charger and test on site, am pretty sure they are not going to charge you anything for it. You can always use a higher-wattage plug, but not lower.

Oh, I would also clean both ends of the power connection with a brush, compressed air etc.

After this, you need professional$$ intervention.

Of course you do. We all do. Unfortunately, unless you bump in to an Apple tech who get paid working with these things, here, unlikely, all anybody can do is to try a few things like suggested, and then you hit a wall.

This is a very generic forum you are in, there are few IT type guys here but not any hardware engineers that I detect. At the laptop tech forum there are a couple of guys there and seem to know more about the hardware side of things, perhaps the Mod is good enough to move this thread over there.

The 4th Gen iPad apple charger is a 12w not 10w. If you have a 10 it's for an older model or is a generic replacement. There are plenty of 3rd party iPad "compatible" chargers that don't work very well. It will work but under heavy use, especially with an older or 3rd party battery it may not keep up the charge.

Solution