Download directly to SD card?

tdefores

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
My Tracphone Lg15g phone is out of memory on the phone, though I have a lot of free memory on my SD Card. Most of the apps on my phone cannot be moved to the SC card, so I can't free up any significant memory on the phone. I want download a specific app (comixology) onto my phone, but don't have enough available memory. Is there a way I can tell my phone to download the app directly to the SD card?

Solution
Alas, you cannot. The only phones that allow for downloading direct to an SD Card are those running Marshmallow. Any other OS won't allow it. Were you running Marshmallow, you would have to set the card as internal storage, which would then allow it to be used for downloading. However it would still only work for some things. Many sites and apps still would not be downloadable to the card. Most apps will not run on a card. Now, you could move any other things, photos, music, files, etc., to the card to free up some space. I would also suggest clearing off any junk you don't need anymore. Just like with a computer.
Alas, you cannot. The only phones that allow for downloading direct to an SD Card are those running Marshmallow. Any other OS won't allow it. Were you running Marshmallow, you would have to set the card as internal storage, which would then allow it to be used for downloading. However it would still only work for some things. Many sites and apps still would not be downloadable to the card. Most apps will not run on a card. Now, you could move any other things, photos, music, files, etc., to the card to free up some space. I would also suggest clearing off any junk you don't need anymore. Just like with a computer.

Solution