I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 , can't move any downloaded apps.to external sd card.

Allen Tomas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have a samsung galaxy s 7 I cannot move anything to the external s_d card how will I move anything or download anything to move to the s_d card?

Solution
Well it can be done, if the phone is running Marshmallow. But, that isn't something Samsung controls. That is through Google, who makes the Android OS. Also, app creators themselves can make it so an app doesn't run on a card. However the info you listed, about the watch, is a totally different thing.

Since your phone is running Marshmallow, you should be able to make the change, for many files. Just change the sd card to read as Internal rather than External. BUT I would suggest doing that only with a clean/empty card. So back up the files you have on it already, or move them to the phone, then reset the card, and then you should be able to do more.
Is it that the card isn't being detected? Or that the apps you are trying to move are not movable?

If it is the first part, you may just need to format the card to work with your phone. If it is the second one, there is nothing you can do to change it. Many apps are set to not be movable, or to work from, a SD card. If they are movable, they will show on your phone as such.

Allen Tomas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Allen Tomas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Through my own investigation, Samsung, has removed the option of downloading apps to the SD card. All this money for this phone and the technology is going backwards. I am really mad and feel cheated by Samsung. The choice to download apps to our own SD card should be ours.

Well it can be done, if the phone is running Marshmallow. But, that isn't something Samsung controls. That is through Google, who makes the Android OS. Also, app creators themselves can make it so an app doesn't run on a card. However the info you listed, about the watch, is a totally different thing.

Since your phone is running Marshmallow, you should be able to make the change, for many files. Just change the sd card to read as Internal rather than External. BUT I would suggest doing that only with a clean/empty card. So back up the files you have on it already, or move them to the phone, then reset the card, and then you should be able to do more.

Solution

James_391

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016