10 Gadgets You'd Be a Fool to Buy Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Why is the Lumia 950 on the list. Just because it has small market share, doesn't mean you should avoid it. The 950 & 950XL has some of the best hardware on the market, supports iris scanning, upgradable memory, battery swapping, wireless charging and more. I have a 950 and it is a great phone, looking forward to buying more memory and software to make the phone even better.

seventhson74

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
Yeah, I'm not sure about the Windows Phone one. I have had windows phones for a few years and the 950XL with display dock is the best tech purchase I've made this year, and I've made a lot. I would think now is the time to jump on the windows phone as the app disparity is damn near gone and new apps are flooding the store recently.

Dave180

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Worst article ever.
If gadgets are being replaced you can often get the older version cheap and if you don't absolutely need the features of the new version, you're quids in.
The idea that any phone can fully replace a point and shoot camera with a decent zoom could only be uttered by someone who simply does not understand photography.

SteveTheOldGuy

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Not everybody has willingly gotten themselves sucked into the "gotta have the latest" circus put on by smartphone manufacturers. You make it sound like any time a new phone model is introduced, all predecessors become unusable. Actually, that sounds like an Apple tool's way of thinking (poor suckers).

If you don't have a need to tell everyone how amazing you are because you hold the newest (and most expensive) phone, the article has it backwards: buying an older model isn't crazy - it makes the most sense. Just like with a car, let some other sucker pay the shiny new cost, and you can scoop it up for yourself later, when the price drops way down.

I feel sorry (sort of) for people who can't breathe unless they have the newest of everything. I suppose if you have money to burn, and an insatiable ego, you're stuck in that mode. Go ahead and spend $700 on a new phone - I'll grab it for a third of that in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.