Help! Network Protocols Missing!!

Neilp1

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hi, recently I built a new custom computer for myself. I installed everything and updated all the drivers. I use NetGears PowerLine AV200 to get my Internet instead of running a 100ft ethernet cord from downstairs, up to my room. I went to plug it in today and go on the internet on my new computer until I got this message. It says One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. I am using Windows 10. Please help me, I have no idea what the problem is =(

Solution
First things first - are the powerline adapters actually talking to each other? Look at the flashing lights because they won't communicate if they're plugged into separate circuits within your house. Next, press your Windows key and R together then into the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
and press Enter.

Look carefully at the output of that command and check that you don't have any entries such as 169.*.*.* where * is any other number. Check the Default gateway address is the same as your router.

Post a screenshot of the report of that ipconfig if you can.
First things first - are the powerline adapters actually talking to each other? Look at the flashing lights because they won't communicate if they're plugged into separate circuits within your house. Next, press your Windows key and R together then into the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
and press Enter.

Look carefully at the output of that command and check that you don't have any entries such as 169.*.*.* where * is any other number. Check the Default gateway address is the same as your router.

Post a screenshot of the report of that ipconfig if you can.

Solution

Neilp1

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
As for the PowerLine adapter I've used it before with my old computer and I never had any problems. The only difference is now I'm using a small extension cord to fit the plug because I have no room for it in my surge protector.