My ZTE Android phone won't turn on.

nickelbee123

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
It was charging all night and worked fine for the first hour or so, but then it randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried holding down the Power button for 10 seconds and that did nothing. I tried taking out the battery, but this model won't let me remove the battery. There's no visible damage to the phone or the battery. I tried charging it again. The charging light won't come on and it's been on the charger for at least 15 minutes now. Still no signs of life. Any suggestions?

Solution
Thanks Myca0409. For some reason, I noticed that my phone was pretty warm (despite being off for hours), so I took the cover off to let the battery "breathe" for an hour or so and then when I went to plug it in (same charger) it turned on and worked like normal.

So, I can't say I know what happened to make it not turn on, but it's better now. I haven't been using the charger that it came with though, so maybe I'll switch to that one from now on.

myca0409

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi nickelbee123,

If there's no light on your phone when its already connected to the charger it might be the charger that has issues. Try to use a different charger and let me see if it will work.

nickelbee123

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Thanks Myca0409. For some reason, I noticed that my phone was pretty warm (despite being off for hours), so I took the cover off to let the battery "breathe" for an hour or so and then when I went to plug it in (same charger) it turned on and worked like normal.

So, I can't say I know what happened to make it not turn on, but it's better now. I haven't been using the charger that it came with though, so maybe I'll switch to that one from now on.

Solution