why does my SD card works in one phone and not the other phone??

Tiffany_18

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
When I had my SD card in my white galaxy android phone it was working and showing everything, now that I put the SD card in my galaxy 5 it doesn't show anything.

Solution
Hi Tiffany_18,

The SD Card may be not supported by the SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 phone that's why its not working. What is the brand of the SD Card? Later models of samsung phones usually are compatible with SAMSUNG SD Cards only. But you can follow below stpes and let me know if it works.

Hi Peaches1,

you can try below troubleshooting and let me see if it will work :

1.) Insert your sd card with card reader in your computer
2.) Press and hold WINDOWS KEY and the letter E in your keyboard at the same time.
3.) A window will pop up then do a right click on your SD CARD and go to properties.
4.) Go to the TOOLS TAB and select CHECK.
5.) Confirm the disk check then select format ( this will erase all data on the SD Card )
6.) choose FAT32...

myca0409

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi Tiffany_18,

The SD Card may be not supported by the SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 phone that's why its not working. What is the brand of the SD Card? Later models of samsung phones usually are compatible with SAMSUNG SD Cards only. But you can follow below stpes and let me know if it works.

Hi Peaches1,

you can try below troubleshooting and let me see if it will work :

1.) Insert your sd card with card reader in your computer
2.) Press and hold WINDOWS KEY and the letter E in your keyboard at the same time.
3.) A window will pop up then do a right click on your SD CARD and go to properties.
4.) Go to the TOOLS TAB and select CHECK.
5.) Confirm the disk check then select format ( this will erase all data on the SD Card )
6.) choose FAT32 for the first attempt
7.) if the card works, reformat it again as exFAT.

Hope this helps!

Solution