how to remove wifi permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo3030

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
how to remove wifi permanently on galaxy note 10.1 I removed the two spikers with the antenna and the tablet still connected to wifi router.
I like to remove the wifi permanently.
please help

polo3030

Solution
I removed the wifi chip.
I found the motherboard diagram on www.s-manuals.com
Tablet Samsung GT-N8000 Galaxy Note 10.1 3G - Service manuals and Schematics, Disassembly / Assembly
to remove the chip was not easy, because I don't have the correct tools but any way I did it.
that solve my problem.
thank you.
(bluetooth is removed permanently to because the wifi chip control that to)
You can do that in the router's settings by excluding it. The setting shouldn't be hard to find once you're in. The address to put into your browser is possibly printed on the router's base but if not, try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 - they're the most frequently used addresses.

polo3030

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
thanks
what I want is remove de wife (antennas and chip receiver) permanently make not possible to tablet connect on any wifi.
I removed the antennas but can still connected to wifi, I don't know where is the wifi chip receiver and how removed.
thanks again.

Most Android devices have a setting for WiFi with an on/off switch beside it. One click on either side will disable it but removal is overkill.

Most of the chips inside a tablet look very similar and I would struggle to find it and certainly don't recommend trying it. It's the sort of job that a professional should handle.

polo3030

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
I removed the wifi chip.
I found the motherboard diagram on www.s-manuals.com
Tablet Samsung GT-N8000 Galaxy Note 10.1 3G - Service manuals and Schematics, Disassembly / Assembly
to remove the chip was not easy, because I don't have the correct tools but any way I did it.
that solve my problem.
thank you.
(bluetooth is removed permanently to because the wifi chip control that to)

Solution
Later this year I shall be seventy with a bit of luck and I took the view there were some jobs I wouldn't take on a year or so back. I don't mind working on my own stuff but customers' gear is more important and expensive to replace if I screw up.

I get a lot of jobs that require new power jacks in laptops and you're more than welcome to come and work with me but I believe it would be quite a long commute to my part of England.

Daniel_501

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Hello Polo3030!

I was wondering if you may be able to help me figure out how to remove the wifi from my phone as well. If you would be so kind as to email me at removed by Moderator I would highly appreciate it. Hopefully, I can find some way to repay the favor.

Best,
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.