my straighttalk samsung core prime will not work in my new area, can i get it to work with at&t since thats the main carrier i

Solution
You should be able to use it with AT&T, however, you will probably have to find an AT&T store in your area (a corporate store, not a authorized retailer). And not even all corporate stores will have someone there who knows what to do to make this work. It is kind of hit and miss with that.

It will also require that the phone be unlocked (via straight talk) if they agree to do it. They don't have to actually. If the person you get at either the store, or by calling straight talk refuses to unlock it, ask for a supervisor and explain your lack of coverage area. They are then more likely to allow it to be unlocked.

You should be able to use it with AT&T, however, you will probably have to find an AT&T store in your area (a corporate store, not a authorized retailer). And not even all corporate stores will have someone there who knows what to do to make this work. It is kind of hit and miss with that.

It will also require that the phone be unlocked (via straight talk) if they agree to do it. They don't have to actually. If the person you get at either the store, or by calling straight talk refuses to unlock it, ask for a supervisor and explain your lack of coverage area. They are then more likely to allow it to be unlocked.

Solution