Help me Please Samsung S4!

jamie7718

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Ok guys im hoping someone can help me because im losing the will to live.....

It all started when I droped my S4 on the bathroom floor and cracked the display. So I bought a new display with the frame. Swaped everything over put all the case back on. phone wouldn't boot up.

Only thing it would do is flash the samsung logo when I put the battery in. Then I read about there being problems with the power button. and I noticed if the back cover was off the phone was fine booted up no problem. but soon as I put the cover back on the phone wont boot up.

So I thought ok maybe a faulty power button and thats being pressed in on a loop with the case, so I took the button off and im waiting for a replacement. SO with the button off I thought that was the end of my problems. NOPE phone is still locking the screen when I press down on the PCB. and if I put the case on the phone it will not boot.

HELPPPPP MEEEE

Thankyou Jamie

Solution
Well there are a few reasons this could be. One being that the battery was damaged during the fall, and this has lead to a change in the batteries size. Seen it happen with another phone. Another reason may well be that another internal item was either damaged in the fall or when you put on the new screen. Anything that could have bent or shifted, so that it is being now pinched when the back is replaced could be causing this. Not something I would suggest fixing on your own, as there are quite a few things it could be. If it isn't the battery, or something you can easily see (and access) that could be pressed on, then a professional would be your best option.
Well there are a few reasons this could be. One being that the battery was damaged during the fall, and this has lead to a change in the batteries size. Seen it happen with another phone. Another reason may well be that another internal item was either damaged in the fall or when you put on the new screen. Anything that could have bent or shifted, so that it is being now pinched when the back is replaced could be causing this. Not something I would suggest fixing on your own, as there are quite a few things it could be. If it isn't the battery, or something you can easily see (and access) that could be pressed on, then a professional would be your best option.

Solution