Avast installing software without permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilHamster

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I just wanted to inform the userbase that avast has installed their "secure browser" without any notification or permission.

It was not even done with a small pre-ticked box during updates, as they like to bundles chrome etc. No no, this was done purely in the background.

I find this distasteful and just wanted to tell it to the community.

Cheers.

theguyisback23

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Im an avast user my self for years,and i have to tell you... at the install setup windows pop up, they have included random bloatware, but instead of giving a page or two with checkboxes, they included a page with accept and decline that doesnt have any End of User License Agreement, but instead all the bloatware... i thought it wouldn't install avast at first, but instead it did install ONLY avast and kept the trash offline and so IMO Press DECLINE in the 2nd or 3rd Pop-Up with Install random staff and make default crappy homepages etc!

EvilHamster

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I know that they include bloatware. I was not happy with that. But this goes beyond that. They did not say ANYTHING. There was not even any mention about any other activity going on by them. All of a sudden that program was installed. Thats it. It did so in the background with the elevated privilege that an antivir software gets.

And no, I was not the only one with whom it happend. The forums over there were filled with these posts. And they did not even try to deny or say it was a mistake etc. as the companies like to do it (like microsoft did with windows 10).
No, they were all arrogant, along the lines of "you agreed in the EULA that we can install what ever we want without notification".

Frankly a disgrace.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.