Best Small Phones: Top Picks 5 Inches or Less

tinong

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I wouldn't recommend any Sony Xperia phones right now, as I am a current owner of the Z3 compact, it was really good in performance and in battery, however, suddenly the top side of the screen became unresponsive. I believe this to be true to former Z models also (I've seen a lot in the forums and ALSO in real life, where I share the same disappointment with some of my peers who own Xperia phones).
It lasted 1.5 years working good. Sony does not really entertain such cases (especially if out of warranty, I've SEEN BETTER customer support). I've seen problems with the X series lately, I'd be glad to know if Sony would recognize this and make changes.

A N Other

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I agree that the Sony Xperia is not a good phone. I'm on my replacement (the sound went on the original), which just after 1 year of use has a big problem with the battery. It's gone from lasting all day to around 1 hour if I'm lucky over a matter of 2 months. I like the look and spec of the phones, but they need to last. Not acceptable and I won't be buying again.

rocwoof

Honorable
May 27, 2017
Re best smaller phones article, LG Phoenix 2 has gotten Android 7.0.1 update as of end of May 2017, and has also gotten several Google security updates, so not doing bad in that regard (esp considering the $30 I paid for it on Black Friday, 2016).

BTW, Phoenix 3 does NOT have better specs, especially with its lower resolution screen.