Moto G 1st gen, awful storage space! Any good advice?

Charlie A

Estimable
Mar 20, 2016
I have a Moto G 1st gen, and love the phone. I really don't want to replace it (also I did look into getting a Moto X as an upgrade) , however, the lack of storage space is killing me.

I love to take pictures, videos and use QuickOffice a lot which all seem to eat space, I'm not much of a phone gamer/entertainment app kind of guy. The phone's not even old, so replacing it just seems a bit, well, extreme not to mention the moto g 3rd gen is kind of hideous and Motorola is the only brand I feel right now.

I've looked into getting a micro SD card but was told by Vodafone staff that my phone couldn't fit one. Why? And what alternatives or workarounds are there? Please don't suggest deleting apps as if I wanted to I would have.

I'm hoping there is a way to increase hard disk size or fit a micro SD unconvenionaly, or possibly be told I can fit one after all, retail guys can get it wrong sometimes.

Cheers, Charlie.

Charlie A

Estimable
Mar 20, 2016
Thanks for the help buddy. I see the 1st gen can use a micro SD, but only the LTE version of the phone if I'm correct. How can I check if my phone is the LTE version or not? Don't want to break the back of my phone.

If my phone is LTE, sorted. If not, I'm getting an upgrade!

Charlie A

Estimable
Mar 20, 2016
Think I'm going to get a slight upgrade to the Moto G 4G LTE. Checked the bakc of my phone and there's no MicroSD slot. Wish I didn't have to but this phone is driving me nuts.

TRENDING THREADS